This meme looks like it's becoming an annual fixture. From lost_spook
Give me a character's name from a fandom I know. I will try to answer these questions for them:
- How I feel about this character;
- All the people I ship romantically with this character;
- My non-romantic OTP for this character [I take this to mean: who should be their best friend?];
- My unpopular opinion about this character;
- One thing I wish would happen/had happened with this character in canon;
- Something about them I consider true, even though it's only my head canon/fanon.
The previous time round I also answered these questions, so I may do again:
- Do you love/hate/don’t feel strongly about this character?
- What’s your favorite trait of this character?
- What’s your favorite moment/event involving this character?
- If you could have one power/attribute/etc. of this character, what would it be?
- Prior to reading this question, have you ever pictured this character naked?
- When did you fall in love/hate with this character? If you don’t have any strong feelings toward them, why not?
- Who’s your OTP for this character, if any?
You can find my answers to previous variations of this meme under the Character Opinions Meme
I don't think I could possibly do it justice, but prompt 87, "Secret Agent Sam" by Kathleen Creighton sounds very suited to be a setting update of Persuasion
Trouble becomes him.
Reporter [Frederick Wentworth]’s penchant for working in war zones had gotten
him into hot water before, but this was uncharted territory, even for
him. Because the pilot assigned to fly him into danger was none other
than [Anne Elliot].
Once she’d been [Annabelle May], an eighteen-year-old girl who’d looked at
him starry eyed. Now she was [Anne], a very competent professional, whose
eyes seemed to hold all manners of secrets. If [Anne] was thrown by
learning who her new client was, she couldn’t afford to show it – or
the fact that her strong feelings for [Frederick] hadn’t changed.
But if he couldn’t accept who she was back them, what would he possibly
want with her now – now that life had taken a direction neither of them
could have imagined…and left them both clinging to each other for their
Also, the banners are as addictive as ever.
( Cut for space )
is running again, and as I was glancing at the list of
prompts, one caught my eye:
147) One More Kiss- Katherine Garbera
Since her divorce, cupcake queen Alysse Dresden prefers baking to boys...until a phone order from a sexy-voiced stranger melts her insides like butter. It isn't until Alysse makes the delivery that she realises - there's only been one man whose voice had such an effect: her mysterious, gorgeous ex-husband...
I couldn't help taking "melts her insides" literally, and wondering how the poor lady managed to deliver cupcakes after her innards had been fatally liquefied.
So in the search for information on abandoned railways in London (for, um, reasons), I happened to wander into a blog that discusses London topics with a focus on transport — no surprises there.
What you wouldn't expect is that I landed there on the same day the writer decided to talk about Sapphire and Steel. He's a fan.
Memed from lost_spook
- Comment to this post with "I surrender!" and I'll assign you the basis of some TV show idea. (Science fiction show, medical drama, criminal procedure, etc...)
- Create a cast of characters, including the actors who'd play them.
- Add in any actor photos, character bios and show synopsis that you want.
- Post to your own journal.
(... and isurrendered
, too, if you feel like it).
Since everyone (well, two people) seemed to like the idea of that WIP I said I wasn't going to finish... I finished it.
Childcare Arrangements (1919 words) by JohnAmendAll
Fandom: Sapphire and Steel
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Sapphire, Steel, Silver, Original Child Character
Summary: On their latest assignment, Sapphire and Steel need Silver's expertise. But he needs some help from them, too.
commands and we obey...
- Make a list of fifteen characters first, and keep it to yourself for the moment.
- Ask your f-list / circle to post questions in the comments. For example: "One, nine, and fifteen are chosen by a prophecy to save the world from four. Do they succeed?", "Under what circumstances might five and fourteen fall in love?", "Which character on the list would you most want on your side in a zombie invasion?"
- After your f-list has stopped asking questions, round them up and answer them using the fifteen characters you selected beforehand, then post them.
I think this definitely needs to be added to the list of Ten Stupidest Things.
One member of the Richard III Society told me that he would not be surprised if the entire movement turned out to be reincarnated henchmen of the King, and that he would sue me if his name was ever connected with this belief.