Memed from lost_spook
Give me a number and a pairing & I'll write a drabble or ficlet!
- glad you came
- don't lie
- i'm coming home
- story of my life
- falling down
- counting stars
- wake me up
- safe and sound
- lose yourself
- in the sun
- the monster
- sweet nothing
- i'm with you
- we believe
- thanks for the memories
- anything could happen
- little talks
- the pretender
- by the way
- where is my mind
The Casefiles of Mr J G Reeder
, by Edgar Wallace
Having been introduced to Mr Reeder by lost_spook's
of a couple of years ago, my interest was piqued when I caught sight of this
book. It comprises three individual works:
- Room 13
- The Mind of Mr J G Reeder
- Terror Keep
(I've subsequently found that all the stories are out of copyright in
Australia, and hence
can be downloaded).
( Thoughts (spoiler-lite) )
( Spoilers )
On a different topic, and since I was pinching elements of
Moondial for fic the other day: The BBC have finally got round to
reissuing the DVD.
(It includes an excellent example of TemptingFate, when Minty muses that her aunt's new guest will "probably [be] the most harmless old duck in the world".
( Well, see for yourself. ))
Memed from lost_spook
, a shippy variant of the annual character opinions meme:
Give me a character from a fandom I know and I'll tell you:
- Three words I would use to describe this character:
- All the people I ship romantically with this character:
- My non-romantic OTP for this character:
- My unpopular opinion about this character:
- One thing I wish would happen / had happened with this character in canon:
- My het ship:
- My fem/slash ship:
- My OTP:
- My OT3:
- My cross over ship:
Some questions from previous iterations of this meme that I may also feel like answering:
- Something about them I consider true, even though it's only my head canon/fanon.
- Do you love/hate/don’t feel strongly about this character?
- What’s your favorite trait of this character?
- What’s your favorite moment/event involving this character?
- If you could have one power/attribute/etc. of this character, what would it be?
- Prior to reading this question, have you ever pictured this character naked?
- When did you fall in love/hate with this character? If you don’t have any strong feelings toward them, why not?
Previous answers can be found under the Character Opinions Meme tag, covering Two, Jamie, Polly, Sam, Zoë, Vicki, Steel and Peri.
Memed from liadtbunny:
Ask me [one or more of these] questions about writing.
- Which is your favorite of the fics you've written for X fandom?
- Favorite piece overall?
- Which was the hardest to write, in terms of plot?
- Which has the most "you" in it, however you'd define that?
- What is an image/set of images that you're particularly proud of?
- Idea that you always wanted to write but could never make work?
- Least favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- Favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- Favorite character to write?
- Favorite line or lines of dialogue that you've written
- If I'm showing off just one of your pieces to someone, which one should it be?
- What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
- Are there any things that might have happened in any of your stories, but you changed them at the last minute? (So-and-so dies, they don't actually kiss, main character has long extended ballet-based dream sequence, etc.)
- Would you want to write canon for any of your fandoms (like be hired by showrunner to do an episode)? Which one?
- Does font matter to you when you're writing a draft?
- 3 favorite comments ever received on fanfic.
- Any mean comments? How'd you deal with it? Who laid the smackdown?
- If you could go back and revise one of your older stories, which would it be?
- Do you make up scenes at work/on the bus/at the gym? Who are the characters that pop up the most? Do you write them down?
- Go nuts, and talk about writing.
This is a summary that isn't (yet) in the generator:
SOLDIER'S SECRET CHILD by Caridad Piñeiro
At eighteen, Macy Ward had turned to Fisher Yates for a night of comfort before he left for the military. Now he’s back in town and unaware that Macy’s troubled son is the result of that unforgettable night – until the boy mysteriously disappears…
What caught my eye about it? Well, Fisher-Yates is a well-known algorithm to shuffle a list. I use it in a lot of my random generators (though, as it happens, not the Unconventional Courtship generator). I wonder if it's a deliberate reference to the algorithm?
Oh, and while I'm here...
( Get your brain bleach ready )
This is the last thing I should be doing, but (memed from lost_spook
Give me a pairing and pick a prompt from this list, and I'll write a drabble/ficlet based on that combination.
- roaming the forest
- pretending to be married
- lowered lashes
a lost childhood memory - Jamie / Victoria, clocketpatch
middle of the night in a castle - Five / Tegan, lost_spook
- tell me a fable
- a drop of lilac
- the dark things you fear
- entwined at dusk
- a long time ago
- blackest night
- a cruel illusion
- wicked truths